EURODOC is a training programme designed for documentary film producers who want to enhance the development stage of their projects on the international level, as well as for commissioning editors and film fund representatives. EURODOC fosters the development of documentary film projects in a highly demanding and creative way.
EURODOC facilitates meetings and relations among the most active professionals in the documentary sector in a number of European countries and beyond using their documentary projects as a basis.
- To improve the development level of documentary projects with international potential, their financing and management;
- `To face the technological changes in the field of development, production and distribution;
- To strengthen the international development of small and medium-sized companies;
- To develop trans-national cooperation and to better consider the international dimension and the various market realities;
- To set up a sustainable networking of skills and exchanges by bringing together the professionals and the decision-makers of this sector;
- To take into account the special aspects of countries with low production capacity to remedy the structural difficulties encountered by professionals in those countries.
Major changes are occurring in production, distribution and broadcasting: our objective is to get an in-depth understanding of what the main protagonists are facing in the industry today. Throughout the three sessions, all the basic fundamentals of the production process are covered: negotiations for rights acquisition, relationship between the director and the producer, financing the development stage, production methods, budgeting, identification of potential partners on the international level, drafting of related documents, trailers creation, financing, drafting of co-production agreements, management of the production company, promotion and distribution, analysis of the documentary film market, pitching preparation.