LOCAL WORKSHOPS (IN EUROPE)
A unique opportunity for local producers to get a deeper insight into international co-productions, and to create new connections with a group of international documentary professionals! In parallel to each session of the Eurodoc program, a selected group of up to 12 local documentary professionals will take part in an intensive 5-day workshop focussing on project development.
Selected participants will have the opportunity to:
- receive in-depth feedback and advice from a experienced producer and tutor;
- access the EURODOC Plenary Sessions and Masterclasses organised during the week of the workshop (exploring different topics such as rights acquisition, development funding, distribution strategies, etc.);
- attend EURODOC Case Studies organised during the week of the workshop and followed by extended Q&As on the production process of the films and their distribution;
- network with European and international documentary professionals attending the whole Eurodoc Program.
Next workshops :
- Workshop for Swiss Producers: from October , 1st to 6th 2018 in Geneva (Switzerland).
Information and applications here (deadline: June, 1st 2018)
PRODUIRE EN REGION (IN FRANCE)
Since 2013, the Program Produire en Région supports producers located in different French regions in order to:
- enhance their skills;
- give them an access to new funding possibilities (coproduction, pre-buying and subventions);
- consolidate the production company activities by helping their access to markets in France and aboard.
The program has considerably contributed to help the structuration of the sector in French regions: regular investments in production of creative documentaries has been done by the regional channels of France Televisions (France 3); professionals assosication has been etablished in almost every French regions; new mechanisms of support has been set up by regional, in particular in the framework of the CNC policy.
During 3 years, from 2010 until 2013, EURODOC has lead the programme DOCmed, in partnership with Beirut DC (Lebanon), Doc à Tunis (Tunisia) and in association with ARTE France. Based on the same model than the EURODOC programme, the training was dedicated to independent producers from Mediterranean Arab countries.